Remove Advertisements

reckoning change perhaps?

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

reckoning change perhaps?

Postby firstamendme » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:17 am

I haven't tested anything out in a serious raid situation yet (since we dont have any at the moment post nerf) or at level 80, but it seems like with all the nerfs there are people complaining about not being able to use all spells (namely consecrate) for generating threat because of nerfs to JoW.

If this is true, what if reckoning had a chance to proc on block that the next consecrate or judgement or mix of them had its mana cost reduced by a certain percent. Since its a block proc the ret tree wouldn't have use for it, and it would help keep full rotations up if BoS isn't enough on a slow hitting mob.

Just a thought, might suck and havn't done any serious thought but figured it would be worth spitballin out there. It would at least make reckonig not be horribad, ESPECIALLY if they made it a 3pt talent to help unlock things further down the tree at 70.
firstamendme

Postby Lore » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:49 am

We had a talent that gave a chance to proc a lower-cost Consecrate early on in beta, but it was reworked to be a flat percentage and eventually removed when they decided they didn't want Consecrate to be a constant part of our single target tanking rotation anymore. I wouldn't expect to see it come back, as Sanctuary more than covers our mana costs when AOE tanking.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby firstamendme » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:54 am

With the nerfed judgement tps would it be worth reconsidering consecration in a rotation for the threat even when not aoe tanking? Like I said, can't really compare this to anything at 80 atm, but unless I'm fighting a pack of mobs for BoS, my mana returns using BoS + SA aren't so great. Then again, my guild is only doing heroics/kara for peoples alts until wrath now so maybe its just an overgearing issue.

Ah well, just a thought, thanks for the reply
firstamendme

Postby Lore » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:02 am

Consecration still is a part of our single target threat rotation, when mana allows. It's just fairly clear that Blizzard wants it to be at least something we have to think about, and thus probably isn't likely to make it any easier for us to continue spamming it.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Venoseth » Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:00 am

If your healer's bored and you want more mana to play with, you can always use SoB right? ^^;
"Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work."

"Education is an ornament in prosperity and refuge in adversity."
Venoseth

Postby caboom » Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:16 am

Just rework it to look like these druid/warr talents respectively :
Natural Reaction / Improved Defensive Stance
Because atm BoSanc can affect them but we do not have something similar
caboom

Postby Noradin » Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:29 am

Make it proc on avoid (or on each parry) and those extra strikes holy damage instead of physical.
ImageImage
Noradin

Postby majiben » Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:39 am

caboom wrote:Just rework it to look like these druid/warr talents respectively :
Natural Reaction / Improved Defensive Stance
Because atm BoSanc can affect them but we do not have something similar
I disagree with that train of thought. Simply because one class that fulfills a similar role to us has a certain mechanic does not imply that we need a counterpart. I'm not saying that it couldn't potentially be a problem but we must look at the whole picture: We gain increased resource regen in raid and group settings that warriors don't have in the form of mana spring totem, BoW and replenishment. Additionally we can keep up a low mana medium threat rotation going much more easily than a warrior can due to our DoT. Finally we are more resilient to resource starvation simply because we take far longer to empty a full pool.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Apollya » Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:04 am

Majiben wrote:I disagree with that train of thought. Simply because one class that fulfills a similar role to us has a certain mechanic does not imply that we need a counterpart. I'm not saying that it couldn't potentially be a problem but we must look at the whole picture: We gain increased resource regen in raid and group settings that warriors don't have in the form of mana spring totem, BoW and replenishment. Additionally we can keep up a low mana medium threat rotation going much more easily than a warrior can due to our DoT. Finally we are more resilient to resource starvation simply because we take far longer to empty a full pool.

I agree with the above, at the end of the day we are mana users which means we can carry Super Mana, Super Rejuvenation or Super healing potions. If we're getting low on mana (pretty unlikely unless you're wasting too much mana) then we can simply pop a mana or super rejuvenation potion to help us boost this. Warriors/Bears don't have this luxury as they are dependant on rage and how many warriors you know that would consider using a rage potion? we can also still have Healthstones, Nightmare seeds etc as a "reaction health boost" while we wait for potion cooldown.

Let's face it my Mana pool is roughly 5500 at the moment and since all spells are now a percentage of your mana so we are even less dependant on needing a larger mana pool as it'll make no difference.

I do forsee mana potions in Wrath being even larger than at present which as far as I see it can only benefit us more as we'll still have small mana pools, but every potion we now use will top us up even more, unless blizzard have thought of this and made the new mana potions a percentage of maximum mana restored. having just checked Runic Mana Potion it looks like we're in the clear and should benefit even more, no doubt a Runic rejuvenation Potion will follow too.
Apollya

Postby Avias » Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:19 pm

Reckoning: Does the same thing BUT,

Each extra attack caused by reckoning also causes holy damage based on how many stacks of holy vengenace you have on the target.

Basically, it throws another tick plus weapon damage.
Avias

Postby Venoseth » Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:30 am

Sucks that it's so far in that no other spec can get it, and too cruddy for any Prot to take it...seriously.

Also, maybe couple each extra attack with like a 1%HP healed with each attack while under the influence of recokoning. That might make it worth while, or for PvP hybrid.
"Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work."

"Education is an ornament in prosperity and refuge in adversity."
Venoseth

Return to Basic Training & Talents