Vindication

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Vindication

Postby kdude27 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:20 pm

At lvl 80 I plan on going a little deeper into Ret tree (0/56/15) to pickup Vindication...a 20% debuff to target looks like another good form of dmg mitigation.

This spec assumes you have no Ret pally and that a Holy Pally will have BoK...prbly more likley in a 10 man raid.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZ0xVA0uGteIRGoxsr0b

Wh do so many specs not considering taking this?

[/url]
kdude27

Postby Levantine » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:33 pm

Because it doesn't work on the things that matter.

Bosses (i.e. the things that matter) have very low attributes (Str, Stam etc) and very high base damage and health, so it wouldn't do all that much anyway.
Levantine

Postby uke » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:22 am

This is essentially a PVP talent and little else.

Like said before, bosses aren't affected by Vindication. Only PVE use would be to use on tough non-boss elites. Seems kine of "meh" to me for spending those points for PVE tanking.

Just my two cents.
Pally's been relegated to AH duties.

RAWR'ing it up as a bear now, with a side of boomkin.
uke

Postby adacus79 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:45 pm

I'm ret specced and i specced this basically to make trash pulls a little quicker. on a 75 mob right now it takes away about 1k health give or take. and that is alot concidering it is a free debuff. but again im ret i wouldent give up kings to get it in my prot build that is not worth it.
adacus79

Postby Fridmarr » Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:49 pm

adacus79 wrote:I'm ret specced and i specced this basically to make trash pulls a little quicker. on a 75 mob right now it takes away about 1k health give or take. and that is alot concidering it is a free debuff. but again im ret i wouldent give up kings to get it in my prot build that is not worth it.

I have this in my ret build and almost every single mob in every single instance I've done is immune. I know that because the immune messages in my SCT are driving me nuts!

For running instances of almost any type, this skill isn't very good. It's a PVP/soloing skill.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby mustangofold » Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:51 am

Fridmarr wrote:I have this in my ret build and almost every single mob in every single instance I've done is immune. I know that because the immune messages in my SCT are driving me nuts!

Thank you for saving me a respec. I was hoping the would have "fixed" this so it was useful in PVE.
mustangofold

Postby Subject » Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:28 pm

I honestly didn't even find it useful in leveling either, it dropped HP on mobs maybe 400 or so, for pvp encounters (even tho they were sparse) it did come in handy but ya if you aren't ret, don't bother.
Subject - Female Blood Elf Paladin of Tortheldrin
Subject - Male Human Paladin of Arthas (Sold Pre-2.4)
Subject

Postby Veilan » Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:59 pm

Levantine wrote:Because it doesn't work on the things that matter.
Ythalaine - Die Aldor EU
Veilan

Return to Basic Training & Talents