Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Postby firstamendme » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:55 am

Joe Everybody

Don't suppose he's a plumber...
firstamendme

Re: Suggestion: Ban "Kings" threads.

Postby knaughty » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:16 pm

Lore wrote:
Knaughty wrote:The exact same arguments come up every time, the issue has been done to death, BR'd, done to death again, soul-stoned and then killed again.

We have been seeing two trends lately, divided among two "camps", if you will. On the one hand, we have Joe Everybody who comes to Maintankadin looking for some advice, doesn't see it immediately because there's 700 of him doing the same exact thing, and posts a short thread asking if he should pick up Kings or whatever.

Then we have the other camp, composed mostly of embittered Maintankadin veterans, who see that thread, immediately remember the exact same post that was made yesterday omg, and jump on Joe's case with lines such as "Use the search function", "No, and you're stupid," or (my personal favorite), " :roll: ".

I suspect you can tell by my tone which camp I am more sympathetic towards.

Ah, that's not the one that bugs me at all. Easily asked, easily answered.

If Joe Tankadin turns up and asks a n00b question, I try and answer it - usually with:

• Yes/No/Maybe/only on Tuesdays
• Link to relevant sticky (my FAQ or Winchester's huge guide 90% of the time)

Total post length? Two sentences. Total time taken to write it? 15 seconds - I have a draft of the post saved on my PC.

The thread type that's bugging me is the: QQ Kings is 5 points instead of 1, Blizzard hates paladins, some other paladin get kings because I'm a special princess. Those are the ones that I'd dump in the bit-bucket.
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Postby Levantine » Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:02 pm

Hey, I tend to just ignore Joe Everybody when he respectfully asks whether to take Kings. Its the "I'm a unique precious snowflake, and I'm the only one ever to have asked this question, and then when you all tell me the answer I'm going to claim that I know better anyway and you're all retards" people that I troll.
Levantine

Re: Suggestion: Ban "Kings" threads.

Postby Lore » Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:46 pm

Knaughty wrote:
Lore wrote:
Knaughty wrote:The exact same arguments come up every time, the issue has been done to death, BR'd, done to death again, soul-stoned and then killed again.

We have been seeing two trends lately, divided among two "camps", if you will. On the one hand, we have Joe Everybody who comes to Maintankadin looking for some advice, doesn't see it immediately because there's 700 of him doing the same exact thing, and posts a short thread asking if he should pick up Kings or whatever.

Then we have the other camp, composed mostly of embittered Maintankadin veterans, who see that thread, immediately remember the exact same post that was made yesterday omg, and jump on Joe's case with lines such as "Use the search function", "No, and you're stupid," or (my personal favorite), " :roll: ".

I suspect you can tell by my tone which camp I am more sympathetic towards.

Ah, that's not the one that bugs me at all. Easily asked, easily answered.

If Joe Tankadin turns up and asks a n00b question, I try and answer it - usually with:

• Yes/No/Maybe/only on Tuesdays
• Link to relevant sticky (my FAQ or Winchester's huge guide 90% of the time)

Total post length? Two sentences. Total time taken to write it? 15 seconds - I have a draft of the post saved on my PC.

The thread type that's bugging me is the: QQ Kings is 5 points instead of 1, Blizzard hates paladins, some other paladin get kings because I'm a special princess. Those are the ones that I'd dump in the bit-bucket.

Those ones are already against the CoC, and if you see them, PM a moderator.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Lore » Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:47 pm

Levantine wrote:Hey, I tend to just ignore Joe Everybody when he respectfully asks whether to take Kings. Its the "I'm a unique precious snowflake, and I'm the only one ever to have asked this question, and then when you all tell me the answer I'm going to claim that I know better anyway and you're all retards" people that I troll.

Another problem easily solved by PM'ing a moderator.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Levantine » Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:02 pm

But where's the fun in that? Meh, I s'pose trolling LB in the Asylum is good enough for a while.
Levantine

Previous

Return to Basic Training & Talents