Remove Advertisements

Another thread about tankadin specs at 80

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Another thread about tankadin specs at 80

Postby vexryn » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:26 pm

Looking for feedback on my targeted tankadin spec for level 80.

A few notes to consider before you look:
1) Yes, I'm not taking Kings. I know that it will be covered by other pallies that are part of our raid group. Ditto for Heart of the Crusader.
2) I anticipate spending some time as an OT as well. I took Divine Guardian for OT utility, particularly to be a raid damage sponge from time to time.
3) Yes, I know I've only assigned 69 out of 71 points. One of the primary questions is what to do with the last 2 points.

So here's the build:
http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=sVZ0xVAfuMteIRGoxo

I welcome any and all constructive criticism and feedback.

I'm also open to guidance about where to place the final 2 points. To me, the primary options (assuming I will NOT be picking up raid buffs) seem to be putting 2 points into either:
- Benediction for mana manangement
- Divine Intellect for mana management (by having a bigger mana pool)
- Reckoning

Another alternative might be Guardian's Favor for pure utility - more flexibility to throw around a Hand of Protection if I'm an OT without a target and it looks like it's necessary.

Any thoughts here? Is Benediction more effective than Divine Intellect if I want a little extra mana management here? Or notwithstanding Reckoning's issues, is it still worth it to go 2/5 Reckoning if I have the points available anyway? Or would you just take Guardian's Favor, or even (gasp) Stoicism if you've got 2 points to spare?

Thanks in advance.
- Vexryn
vexryn
Maintankadonor

Postby vexryn » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:45 pm

Wow, I proposed a spec so perfect that no one on this forum can criticize it?

Go figure. :)
vexryn
Maintankadonor

Postby majiben » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:51 pm

Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Worldie » Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:07 am

Believe me, you have no idea of what kind of flame you might incurr into by proposing Divine Intellect as a talent for a tankadin.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Rehlachs- » Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:13 am

Worldie wrote:Believe me, you have no idea of what kind of flame you might incurr into by proposing Divine Intellect as a talent for a tankadin.

murrrr, but how am I supposed to heal myself while maintanking without speccing into Dinvine Intellect :?
and Stoicism will help me while maintanking on PVP. Behold, evil Hunter pets! I'm coming for you!
Rehlachs-

Postby caboom » Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:44 am

BUT IF I TURN WITH THE MOUSE HOW DO I PRESS REND !?!?!?!?!?!?
caboom

Postby Ryu » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:02 am

U liek dugz?
Ryu

Postby Levantine » Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:30 am

You're all doing it wrong. What you really need to do is reroll Priests and heal tank heroics. Like I did. Just now. In Crypts. Fucking Warriors.
Levantine

Re: Another thread about tankadin specs at 80

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:38 am

Vexryn wrote:Looking for feedback on my targeted tankadin spec for level 80.

Should have used the present one instead then.
Vexryn wrote:A few notes to consider before you look:
1) Yes, I'm not taking Kings. I know that it will be covered by other pallies that are part of our raid group. Ditto for Heart of the Crusader.

You *know*. If that's the case go ahead. I'd rather not count on that.
Vexryn wrote:2) I anticipate spending some time as an OT as well. I took Divine Guardian for OT utility, particularly to be a raid damage sponge from time to time.
3) Yes, I know I've only assigned 69 out of 71 points. One of the primary questions is what to do with the last 2 points.

So here's the build:
http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=sVZ0xVAfuMteIRGoxo

I welcome any and all constructive criticism and feedback.

default + dg and imp hoj. You won't use it much trust me. Even on kings they'll see more use.
Vexryn wrote:I'm also open to guidance about where to place the final 2 points. To me, the primary options (assuming I will NOT be picking up raid buffs) seem to be putting 2 points into either:
- Benediction for mana manangement
- Divine Intellect for mana management (by having a bigger mana pool)
- Reckoning

between benediction and DI, benediction is the winner. 10% more int does not equate a 10% higher mana pool(nor 15% actually), and the difference is that when you spend less, any recovery is better in comparison. Working off base mana and total mana, benediction is magnified inboth cases, while DI only on total mana recoveries.
Vexryn wrote:Another alternative might be Guardian's Favor for pure utility - more flexibility to throw around a Hand of Protection if I'm an OT without a target and it looks like it's necessary.

I'd be very worried if I had to put my HoP spell to use more often than "the occasional fight". It's one of those things that look nice on paper but just don't help in practice.
Vexryn wrote:Any thoughts here? Is Benediction more effective than Divine Intellect if I want a little extra mana management here? Or notwithstanding Reckoning's issues, is it still worth it to go 2/5 Reckoning if I have the points available anyway? Or would you just take Guardian's Favor, or even (gasp) Stoicism if you've got 2 points to spare?

Yes it's better. No you don't need it at 80. No it's not worth putting the points in reckoning. The whole problem with reckoning is that it was already kinda bad, now it just plain fails. I'd fill kings instead.
Vexryn wrote:Thanks in advance.
- Vexryn
You're welcome. Don't hate Kings, it rocks.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Re: Another thread about tankadin specs at 80

Postby vexryn » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:45 am

Snake-Aes wrote:You're welcome. Don't hate Kings, it rocks.

It's not so much that I hate Kings. I guess fundamentally it's just that if I *know* that I have Kings covered by another raid pally (and likewise on Heart of the Crusader), what WOULD you do with the 8 points freed up by Kings and HotC? Thus, my exploration of Divine Guardian, Imp. HoJ, and the possibility of Benediction or Reckoning.

So if I assume that the core spec to fill out is 5/56/6, with 4 points left to assign, and you may NOT take Kings or HotC, what would your spec look like? From your comments, it sounds like what you'd be "forced" to spec would be this(?):
http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=sVZ0xVAfuMteIRGogo

Thanks,
- Vexryn
vexryn
Maintankadonor

Return to Basic Training & Talents