Remove Advertisements

SotP vs Kings @ 80

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

SotP vs Kings @ 80

Postby firstamendme » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:33 am

so...I've been messing around with how I want to carry my spec into level 80, and i end up with a few things for certain. 6 in ret (parry +1/2 imp judge)...prot filled out with 3/3 imp HoJ for the silence, but then I am either stuck going 4/5 SotP with 5/5 kings, or 5/5 SotP with 4/5 kings...

which one would be the least of a loss talent for talent? should I just abandon my 3/3 HoJ all together and fill out both? it just seemed like with HoJ having the interupt effect it would be worth keeping refreshed whenever possible

thanks!
firstamendme

Postby Worldie » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:59 am

Kings is a "all or nothing" talent, so the answer is easy.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby firstamendme » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:12 am

I was afraid of that :(

Trying to sacrifice as little as possible to get it though...is imp HoJ actually usable? Will the interupt be separate from the stun? To clarify: Boss A is immune to stun, but not to counterspell and the counterspell is a key component of the fight...can I still cs even though the stun portion is immune?

If not, I might as well dump HoJ and get full kings AND SotP at 80

Thanks for the comments so far!
firstamendme

Postby Lore » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:52 am

Imp HoJ is wholly and completely unnecessary for anything you are going to do ever.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby fuzzygeek » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:10 am

Lore wrote:Imp HoJ is wholly and completely unnecessary for anything you are going to do ever.

Prot PvP!

I was running flags yesterday making people very angry.

At the end of three or four hours of various BGs, I had died twice. AD saved my life sixty eight times.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Kayoto » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:51 am

Neither!

Go with Conviction instead.

0/56/15 ftw. :O
Kayoto

Postby majiben » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:56 am

Kayoto wrote:Neither!

Conviction is poorer threat/DPS than seals of the pure. It does however make you a better off healer.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Darus » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:06 pm

Kayoto wrote:Neither!

shitspecc =P
Darus

Postby Odyssasthai » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:12 pm

Lore wrote:Imp HoJ is wholly and completely unnecessary for anything you are going to do ever.

Ok... I've heard different. Others on these forums say to get Imp HoJ due to its interrupt ability.
Odyssasthai

Postby majiben » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:16 pm

Odyssasthai wrote:
Ok... I've heard different. Others on these forums say to get Imp HoJ due to its interrupt ability.
If you didn't bring a rogue, dps shamman, mage, or warrior you have raid composition issues. Honestly we aren't really sure why they thought it necessary for us to get an interupt but they did and we aren't going to return it.

Basically if you need something interupted bring one of the above because even talented HoJ won't cover it.
majiben

Postby Odyssasthai » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:22 pm

Majiben wrote:
Odyssasthai wrote:
If you didn't bring a rogue, dps shamman, mage, or warrior you have raid composition issues. Honestly we aren't really sure why they thought it necessary for us to get an interupt but they did and we aren't going to return it.

Basically if you need something interupted bring one of the above because even talented HoJ won't cover it.

Thanks, that's good to know. It saves me 3 pts. I am coming from Holy, so I wasn't sure if we were expected to interrupt in certain circumstances. (Like in certain OT roles where you could be alone? I don't know.)
Odyssasthai

Postby majorwoo » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:12 am

Odyssasthai wrote:
Thanks, that's good to know. It saves me 3 pts. I am coming from Holy, so I wasn't sure if we were expected to interrupt in certain circumstances. (Like in certain OT roles where you could be alone? I don't know.)

Oh you can certainly use it to interrupt, and there are places where the interrupt could be used - but in all of those places if you are relying on your 30s interrupt to be the interrupt its just not going to cut it. We don't stack hit as prot, so right there we have a chance of it missing/resist, and if it was worth spending 3 points to interrupt something I'd prefer that it works when I need it to (hence someone else will be interrupting for you) and your 60s hammer will work just as well 1/2 the time.
Despite all my rage, I am still just a Paladin Tank.
majorwoo

Postby Sanadina » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:48 am

I have to say i disagree totally. Imp HoJ is very useful, combine that with the new shield of righteousness (shield slam)and you can actually interrupt casters/bosses. Being that immunity to stun is irrelevant, and that alot of us prot pallies are in AOE groups, it's likely that we're the only ones paying attention to what needs to be interrupted in those packs because the mages are actually casting... AOE.

As for kings... to kings or not to kings, I'm finding alot of pallies are not specing kings, so I did just for raid buffs. I can't benefit from it usually because I am using sanc, but the rest of the raid can. It really depends on your raid comp as to if you need to spec kings or not.

Sanadina

Postby majiben » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:53 am

Shor has no interupt or silence portion. If that caster is so deadly that it will kill the tank if it isn't interupted then why isn't it cced? And is it really only going to cast that tank killing spell once every 30 seconds? You bring someone who is designed to deal with casters if you need them cced/interupted. If you only have a paladin tank on it then you don't really need it interupted that often or it's effect is not wipe worthy.
majiben

Postby Sanadina » Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:04 am

And is it really only going to cast that tank killing spell once every 30 seconds? You bring someone who is designed to deal with casters if you need them cced/interupted. If you only have a paladin tank on it then you don't really need it interupted that often or it's effect is not wipe worthy

I don't know about you, but i'm only 75, I do instances right now, and in instances, if you're doing aoe and there's not at least one person interrupting, you can have an accident. As to why not CC? Why bother if you can interrupt? We're an aoe tank class, we can do both jobs effectively, and if we don't, we can wipe a 5 man.
Sanadina

Next

Return to Basic Training & Talents