Hybrid spec + Ready for SSC/Eye?

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Hybrid spec + Ready for SSC/Eye?

Postby ulushnar » Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:59 am

I'm currently specced 20/41/0, which I really enjoy since it affords me the option to be an offhealer in fights where not all tanks are needed, and also to play healbot in arenas successfully.

However, the downside is that stacking this much CBA in my trinket slots and elsewhere to make up for the loss of Deflection causes me to lose something like 700 unbuffed health.

I'm currently considering a 10/41/10 spec again to give me access to Spiritual Focus (vital for PVP) and Deflection (essential for PVE). I think I've covered as many useful bases as 41 points in Prot will allow me, but is there anything glaring I should take?
Last edited by ulushnar on Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby jere » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:11 am

I used a 9/42/10 build for the longest (until improved HS came out), and I found it a fine build. Now that improved holy shield is out, I think a 10/41/10 build will do just fine.

This is kind of what I suggest for it:
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=aVxZV0tIx0dMgqzV0x

If you really must have reckoning, then take the points out of either Ardent Defender or 1H weapon spec, but I think what I linked is a good all around build for ya.
jere

Postby sangre » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:18 am

I've never found the first 20 points of the Holy tree to be that important for backup healing in a raid, since +healing is so easily available these days.

I do think that a 10/41/10 build is probably what you're looking for from what you've said, though.
sangre

Postby ulushnar » Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:40 am

I respecced to 10/41/10 this morning and I've rejigged my gear slightly. I've now got 14k armor and 12.5K health unbuffed, and I'm uncrushable with raid buffs (BoK and MotW).

Karazhan hasn't been kind to me recently, so I'm kinda stuck grinding arena's for the shield as an upgrade. In the near future I might be trying out for an SSC/Eye-level group, but i'm not sure if I'm ready for that.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Return to Basic Training & Talents