Kings

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Postby majiben » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:08 am

yes
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Argali » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:33 am

Lore wrote:Regarding Judgements of the Just - Absolutely take this talent, 100% of the time, no questions asked.

Slightly untrue. I run out of mana even with the SA glyph and Sanc farming Kara and ZA. No one's allowed to use TC either :P
Argali

Postby majiben » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:49 am

Argali wrote:
Lore wrote:Regarding Judgements of the Just - Absolutely take this talent, 100% of the time, no questions asked.

Slightly untrue. I run out of mana even with the SA glyph and Sanc farming Kara and ZA. No one's allowed to use TC either :P
You do not make a spec centered around farm content. Hell if you did you would drop Imp RF, toughness, anticipation, defelection, JotJ, and possibly Reboubt all in the name of better mana regen or you could put on some ret gear/take off your avoidance.

Context is everything and while there a once in a blue moon, content is so easy a shadowpriest can tank it (yes they can tank kara) where JotJ is not needed you have many times more times where JotJ is all that is keeping your healers from going OOM.

If you are really that concerned about mana regen and JotJ messing that up then skip your judgement, use SoB, or SoW.
majiben

Postby Kyi » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:06 am

This will be my spec come lvl 80.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZ0eVAbuMteIRGoeob0b

*first link was bad edited*
Heavennearth of Zul'jin
<Seven Deadly Sins>
Kyi

Postby Argali » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:39 am

Majiben wrote:
Argali wrote:

You do not make a spec centered around farm content. Hell if you did you would drop Imp RF, toughness, anticipation, defelection, JotJ, and possibly Reboubt all in the name of better mana regen or you could put on some ret gear/take off your avoidance.

Context is everything and while there a once in a blue moon, content is so easy a shadowpriest can tank it (yes they can tank kara) where JotJ is not needed you have many times more times where JotJ is all that is keeping your healers from going OOM.

If you are really that concerned about mana regen and JotJ messing that up then skip your judgement, use SoB, or SoW.

Just pointing out that the statement you take it 100% of the time is slightly untrue, cause I'm annoying like that. It should be 99.99999% of the time :P
Argali

Postby majiben » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:42 am

The point is you are showing a situation that doesn't even call for a prot tank much the less one who had gotten one of the best mitigation talents.
majiben

Postby Kaedan » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:18 am

After further consideration, I put point into full BoK. After reading through Knaughty's FAQ a little closer, and seeing some of the updates he made I decided to give his prot build a try (the one he had in the FAQ) and ended up tweaking it a bit for my playstyle, and realizing that I was doing fine tanking with it. Plus, my little pocket mage now has kings on her most of the time. I still stick with BoS for the most part on myself though.
Kaedan

Postby PizzaOfHut » Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:11 am

The thing you have to keep in mind in whether or not to spec Kings is that if, during a progression boss fight, you have a good balance between your EH and your avoidance, you will pretty much always be taking enough of a hit to your huge HP pool, that the 10% of your heals that feeds SA will keep your tiny little Mana pool more toward the full side, even if you are judging Light.

-And 10% more EH makes your healers <3 you.
    -And 10% more primary DPS stats for your DPS makes DPS fights like Gorefiend go smoother.
    -And being able to pick up the slack when your guild's only raid-worthy Ret Pally is taking time away from WoW to deal with the fact that you killed his dog makes your Raid Leader <3 you. (Even though you killed his brother's dog)

See where I'm going with this? It's good for Maintankadins to spec Kings. You don't sacrifice much, and you'll be giving your Raid Leader an excuse to not take the Guild Master's wife's Ret Pally that just dinged 80 ten minutes ago and is clad in all quest greens to Naxx10.

I'm not the most experienced maintankadin in the world. In fact my experience past t4 and ZA is measly. But it's clear even to me that in circumstances where you only have to single target tank a level ?? (Boss) Really Really Big Mob, not having the option to boost your EH by %10, should you be the only Pally in the raid because you opted to take soloing or PvP talents makes Baby Jesus cry.

That is all.
PizzaOfHut

Postby Windchaser » Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:18 pm

So, um...skip Kings as a Prot Paladin and pick up what exactly? 5 Points in Divine Strength? . . . . . .
Windchaser

Postby majiben » Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:10 pm

Windchaser wrote:So, um...skip Kings as a Prot Paladin and pick up what exactly? 5 Points in Divine Strength? . . . . . .
No.

You should always fill divine str.

Your default position should be to pick up kings. The reasoning being that when you need it you will severely disadvantaged not to bring it. The only time you should consider dropping it is if you have 2 ret paladins that both have 99% attendance. There really is not much else to fill out the lower tree to get the the 5th tier.
majiben

Previous

Return to Basic Training & Talents