How am I doing right now?

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

How am I doing right now?

Postby lusisia » Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:32 am

I love the community around here. Everyone is so helpful despite the multiple posts asking the same thing.

Having buttered everyone up <eg>, I'd like to have the experts rate where I stand right now. I logged out with kings up unfortunately (this was a post Murmur fight where I got the sword I'm now holding.)

I know my defense is well above where it needs to be and since this is a new sword, I plan on dropping a +40 sd on it when I can get the shards from the AH. I might actually have a wizard oil on it right now too.

Where can I go from here? I'm looking for stuff that will be easy to grab (such as crafted/non-revered rep/non-raid/non-heroic). I have a smith in the guild who can do the full felsteel set. I hate to loose the small +sd from my gloves but can if that's the best place to start (i.e. helm and gloves). I'm scryer so the chest isn't changing anytime soon unless I get lucky with a SV run. I'm about 1k away from enough rep to get the leggings/sword from KoT so those are a given (even though on paper, I feel better about GSoHD). I don't think I need the extra mitigation that CB provides but I could be wrong.

Here's the requisite armory link:
http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/chara ... &n=Lusisia

Thanks in advance.
lusisia
Maintankadonor

Postby Daedallus » Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:53 pm

pyromancer hateherfaceonheroic in Mechanar drops Jade skull breastplate, which imo is a much better Chest if your looking to get uncrushable, and even if your not looking to go that far, the + block is really nice for many reasons.

kill Laj in botanica until your Righteousness shoulders drop. Best piece of the set.

chaseing both those pieces also gets you Shatar rep, and while you said you don't want to chase rep, the Crest of the Shatar is a damn nice shield.
Daedallus

Postby lusisia » Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:44 pm

Daedallus wrote:pyromancer hateherfaceonheroic in Mechanar drops Jade skull breastplate, which imo is a much better Chest if your looking to get uncrushable, and even if your not looking to go that far, the + block is really nice for many reasons.

kill Laj in botanica until your Righteousness shoulders drop. Best piece of the set.

chaseing both those pieces also gets you Shatar rep, and while you said you don't want to chase rep, the Crest of the Shatar is a damn nice shield.

Actually I don't mind chasing rep at all but I'm thinking gear that will make my runs much easier for now. Because of RL scheduling and family life, I don't know that I'll ever hit something like BT,The Eye or maybe even Kara but I love tanking right now and quite honestly, I get a lot of demand on my server because I guess I've built up a good rep.

And I don't mind the pyromancer so much. The one I hate the most is Blackheart the Inciter. I'd take Pyromancer over Blackheart any day of the week. It's not like I don't have the slabs run down pat by now but he's by far the most annoying boss I've ever faced.
lusisia
Maintankadonor

Return to Basic Training & Talents