Shield of the Templar in 3.0

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Shield of the Templar in 3.0

Postby Euthyphro » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:38 am

Do people feel like Shield of the Templar is a worthwhile talent before we have the baseline skill Shield of Righteousness?

It seems like roughly 1/3 of its functionality is non-existent before we acquire that baseline skill.
Euthyphro

Postby Worldie » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:45 am

Shield of the Templar is useless until level 75, then a must have skill
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Euthyphro » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:48 am

I asked because a lot of people are putting up their proposed builds for 3.0 and they're including it and it seemed like it wasn't worth the points at all until 75. Seems like, at this point at least, I'd rather sink the points into getting kings back then to take that talent.

I'm in a guild that is making a mad rush to get Illidan down in the next few weeks before the expansion and I'm trying to make sure I'm ready when this patch hits to try to avoid any hiccups in the task before us. I was worried I was missing something with everyone putting it in their specs.
Euthyphro

Postby Worldie » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:56 am

You don't need this talent, you can safely skip and pick it later on the way to 80 :)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Shoju » Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:33 am

With Avenger's Shield becoming an instant cast, and Holy shield being a number one priority to keep up, I think that it's still a very good talent choice in 3.0. Sure, it's not optimal, but I'm going to be going 0.56.5 after 3.0 drops to start. From there, I will see how it works, and if it's not a big deal, then I wont be going with it.
Shoju

Postby Dianora » Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:43 pm

Shoju wrote:With Avenger's Shield becoming an instant cast, and Holy shield being a number one priority to keep up, I think that it's still a very good talent choice in 3.0. Sure, it's not optimal, but I'm going to be going 0.56.5 after 3.0 drops to start. From there, I will see how it works, and if it's not a big deal, then I wont be going with it.

With the future build leaked by Ghostcrwaler, Shield of Templar went from a level 75+ talent to a must have. Extra 3% of damage reduction is 3% reduction.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby steadypal » Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:51 pm

Dianora wrote:
Shoju wrote:With Avenger's Shield becoming an instant cast, and Holy shield being a number one priority to keep up, I think that it's still a very good talent choice in 3.0. Sure, it's not optimal, but I'm going to be going 0.56.5 after 3.0 drops to start. From there, I will see how it works, and if it's not a big deal, then I wont be going with it.

With the future build leaked by Ghostcrwaler, Shield of Templar went from a level 75+ talent to a must have. Extra 3% of damage reduction is 3% reduction.

now link the lvl 70 specs with that and 1/2 imp judgement :P

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=sZoxVAbuMteIRGoxo

wtb lvl 71 LOL what 1 point do i get rid of deep in prot now?
steadypal

Postby Dianora » Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:56 pm

steadypal wrote:
Dianora wrote:

I've never saw the need for divine guardian. It's more of a PVP talent for Holy paladin to use in Arena.

Mine looks like:

ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby steadypal » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:41 pm

Dianora wrote:
steadypal wrote:
Dianora wrote:

I've never saw the need for divine guardian. It's more of a PVP talent for Holy paladin to use in Arena.

Mine looks like:

u linked mine and mine is lvl 71
steadypal

Postby Lumenos » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:02 pm

For an end game MT build at lvl 70, could we not just do something like THIS since AD is often leapfrogged anyway?
Lumenos

Postby fuzzygeek » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:28 pm

Depends on what you're taking, and how your gear level compares to your progression level.

AD is one of the first places I start stealing points from in Fun Time builds, but it's one of the first things I put points back into on Brutallus nights.

Also, with the new damage reduction to Shield of the Templar, it's a must have.

Also, I'm not a big fan of partial kings; it really seems like an all-or-none proposition. If you must take it, I would max out kings in lieu of Guarded by the Light, but I'm not a big fan of mana reduction talents. Your mileage may vary.

This http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=sZaxVA0uMtjIoGoxo is very likely what I'll roll with when 3.0 hits, assuming I don't have dedicated kings, and we don't get a magical 11 pointer in the next week or so.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby steadypal » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:40 pm

fuzzygeek wrote:Depends on what you're taking, and how your gear level compares to your progression level.

AD is one of the first places I start stealing points from in Fun Time builds, but it's one of the first things I put points back into on Brutallus nights.

Also, with the new damage reduction to Shield of the Templar, it's a must have.

Also, I'm not a big fan of partial kings; it really seems like an all-or-none proposition. If you must take it, I would max out kings in lieu of Guarded by the Light, but I'm not a big fan of mana reduction talents. Your mileage may vary.

This http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=sZaxVA0uMtjIoGoxo is very likely what I'll roll with when 3.0 hits, assuming I don't have dedicated kings, and we don't get a magical 11 pointer in the next week or so.

dont care for the 6% less spell dmg taken eh?
steadypal

Postby Lumenos » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:44 pm

Beat me to it steady. I think i'd rather have 6% spell dmg reduction than maxed out kings.
Lumenos

Postby Petrus » Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:19 am

At 70, where we know the fights and know what's coming, 6% spell damage reduction isn't really all that worth it. When we're leveling up to 80 I'm certainly taking it, but for the time being I think I can skip it.
Petrus
Maintankadonor

Postby fuzzygeek » Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:42 am

Unless that 6% spell damage is going to outright kill me, it is the cumulative difference between 38% and 32% overhealing on the meters.

Spell warding isn't worth the points right now in our current trees (in my opinion; your mileage may vary).

Benediction isn't worthwhile in the new trees (in my opinion; your mileage may vary).

A combined spell damage reduction and mana reduction talent for some spells may be worthwhile, but I'd rather have a fully loaded kings if I had to choose between them. Which I do..

You won't always be taking spell damage. You will always benefit from a maxed out Kings.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Next

Return to Basic Training & Talents