Remove Advertisements

Maybe Really Stupid

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Postby Diocaska » Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:38 am

I'm not really adding as such, just putting the information into a summary.

Granted, you can push crits off if you have combined Miss/Parry/Dodge/Block.

Doing so without 490 def. leaves you open to Crits if:

- You are Silenced without Holy Shield active
- Stunned by Mob
- Holy Shield Charges are used up
- Lag during re-application of Holy Shield
- Disarmed

(I'm more than sure you'd have had one of these at some points).

Granted, I'm sure most of you already knew this (its common sense ^_^ ). If you have any of the above situations, it's not just a crush you may be taking, it may be a crit. Its not really great to be putting that much more stress on your healers like this.

To repeat what others are saying. 490 def is what you need to be considered a potentional raid tank.
Aurellia(90) Ulshala(85) Diocaska(85) Leighesha(85)
Diocaska

Postby Belldandi » Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:56 am

Prepared wrote:
Vanifae wrote:
Aessina wrote:But if you're uncrushable, you're also uncrittable (as long as Holy Shield stays up)

Holy Shield has nothing to do with being uncrittable.

Holy Shield can get you to be uncrushable but it does not in any way increase Defense.

Now I may be wrong, but getting 490 Defense will help you to getting uncrushable but it does not make you uncrushable. You can easily stack Defense greens and get uncrittable and still be pitifully far from being uncrushable.

Blocked attacks cannot crit, just as they cannot crush. So if you are uncrushable by virtue of Holy Shield, you would by the same mechanics be uncrittable.

Well not sure if its true, that block attacks can't crit. Was in WSG last night and was fighting a feral druid in the flag room. He got the jump on me, but as soon as I wasn't stunned anymore I'll turned to him and start backsteping. After he finally died. I'll check my combat log and see how much damage he did to me. I did see he crit me for 140ish damage and blocked 150ish of them. His standard melee damage was around 50-80ish, Holy shield wasnt up at that time. It could be talents on his spec but, I did block a crit. :shock:
Belldandi

Postby jere » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:15 am

Belldandi wrote:
Prepared wrote:
Vanifae wrote:
Aessina wrote:But if you're uncrushable, you're also uncrittable (as long as Holy Shield stays up)

Holy Shield has nothing to do with being uncrittable.

Holy Shield can get you to be uncrushable but it does not in any way increase Defense.

Now I may be wrong, but getting 490 Defense will help you to getting uncrushable but it does not make you uncrushable. You can easily stack Defense greens and get uncrittable and still be pitifully far from being uncrushable.

Blocked attacks cannot crit, just as they cannot crush. So if you are uncrushable by virtue of Holy Shield, you would by the same mechanics be uncrittable.

Well not sure if its true, that block attacks can't crit. Was in WSG last night and was fighting a feral druid in the flag room. He got the jump on me, but as soon as I wasn't stunned anymore I'll turned to him and start backsteping. After he finally died. I'll check my combat log and see how much damage he did to me. I did see he crit me for 140ish damage and blocked 150ish of them. His standard melee damage was around 50-80ish, Holy shield wasnt up at that time. It could be talents on his spec but, I did block a crit. :shock:

PvP mechanics are very different than PvE mechanics. A PvE mob cannot crit through a block, a PvP opponent can
jere

Postby Chevalier » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:00 am

I was confused as to why I was under 490 defense but not crittable according to tankpoints, but I was uncrushable :D
I thought that maybe it was wrong. Back to the drawing boards when the servers come up! :D
Chevalier

Postby jere » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:03 am

Chevalier wrote:I was confused as to why I was under 490 defense but not crittable according to tankpoints, but I was uncrushable :D
I thought that maybe it was wrong. Back to the drawing boards when the servers come up! :D

you have it set up for lvl 72 enemy maybe?
jere

Previous

Return to Basic Training & Talents