Thinking of an Arena Hybrid spec:

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Thinking of an Arena Hybrid spec:

Postby ulushnar » Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:30 am

I'm hoping to go grind the shield and mace in the Arena with some friends, so I'm thinking of a spec that might give me a few more healing options.

What do folks think of:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sVxZV0tIx0dgMqzV0x
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Nich » Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:58 am

Can you get enough avoidance gems to kill your HP a little, but be able to pickup a 20/40/0 build?

Illumination is a godsend in the arena, where you can very easily find yourself chaincasting max rank HL.
Nich

Postby honorshammer » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:51 am

I recommend you change the points in Reckoning to 3/3 Improved Conc and 2/2 Guardians Favor
honorshammer

Postby ulushnar » Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:57 am

Well I went with the spec mentioned in my first post, but I'm currently considering going even further down the hybrid route.

This is what I'm currently toying with. Of course I'll have to get some more avoidance gems back into my set-up, and maybe replace one of my Stamina trinkets with the Figurine of the Colossus again to make up for the lack of Deflection.

I'm currently torn about where to shove my last point. Avenger's Sheild is a great aggro-loader, but problematic around CC. Divine Favor can be a life saver and boosts my healing mana efficency.

Any thoughts?
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

build

Postby lmo » Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:52 am

very nice build im doing something like that myself except going 10/41/10 more of a tanking build still but i think i gotta try your build out later nice work!
lmo

Postby Baelor » Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:04 pm

See my post in Imo's thread. Best way to go is to switch back and forth between specs. Healing Light (and Illumination) are great for heavy healing, and if you're serious about arena, you will want Light's Grace as well.
I am the light that brings the dawn.
Something Wicked this way comes.
Formerly: Baelor of Runetotem-US (2006-2007) | Cathmor of Malfurion-US (2007-2010)
Follow me on Twitter
Baelor

Postby Sabindeus » Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:24 pm

I personally recommend my spec. It loses approx 1.96% pure avoidance and 0.32% block, Reckoning and Precision and gains uninterrupted healing/shorter interrupts and some free Int.

If you're more serious about PvPing than tanking, you should listen to Baelor and go deep enough into Holy for Light's Grace.

If you're more serious about tanking than PvPing, try my spec. (click the sig)
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Return to Basic Training & Talents