Remove Advertisements

Vindication Spec

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Vindication Spec

Postby Ezmoad » Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:13 am

First off, this is coming from the post from Arcand about Vindication. I realize it doesn't work on every boss, but I am also taking into consideration of trash in Heroics as well.

I didn't pick up Reckoning nor One-Handed Weapon Spec in order to pick up Imp Devo Aura. I know it is a paltry talent to pick up, but if you are min/maxing yourself for mitigation, shouldn't you be wanting to include this? The previous talents (Reckoning/1h spec) just increase damage/threat, which is something we definitely aren't lacking in.

So my main questions will be:

1) Is Reckoning/1h spec worth it for end game raiding. Basically, are these must haves instead of Imp Devo Aura and such.
2) Of the two, which is more important as far as threat output.
3) Would you also consider putting points into Improved Concentration Aura for the Silence Resistance bonuses

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=qZEMtIg0dMzxoVbe
Ezmoad

Re: Vindication Spec

Postby Lore » Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:24 am

Ezmoad wrote:First off, this is coming from the post from Arcand about Vindication. I realize it doesn't work on every boss, but I am also taking into consideration of trash in Heroics as well.

I didn't pick up Reckoning nor One-Handed Weapon Spec in order to pick up Imp Devo Aura. I know it is a paltry talent to pick up, but if you are min/maxing yourself for mitigation, shouldn't you be wanting to include this? The previous talents (Reckoning/1h spec) just increase damage/threat, which is something we definitely aren't lacking in.

So my main questions will be:

1) Is Reckoning/1h spec worth it for end game raiding. Basically, are these must haves instead of Imp Devo Aura and such.
2) Of the two, which is more important as far as threat output.
3) Would you also consider putting points into Improved Concentration Aura for the Silence Resistance bonuses

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=qZEMtIg0dMzxoVbe

1) Yes. Threat is only "not an issue" in 5-mans and early Karazhan, once you start getting into 25-mans and/or your DPS starts gearing up, we do have to start making considerations for threat as well. Not to mention that, without our superior threat generation, we're just warriors with less mitigation and hp. Might as well use the advantage if we have it.
2) Probably Reckoning, although 1h spec is more reliable. I wouldn't drop either of them for Vindication if you're going to be serious about 10- and 25-man tanking.
3) No. There's only a handful of bosses that silence, and although you might get a slight threat boost out of resisting it, you're going to lose mitigation from Devotion Aura and it won't be reliable enough anyway.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Ezmoad » Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:36 am

Thanks for your thoughts Lore.

Would you give up Reckoning or 1h Spec for Imp Devo Aura?
Ezmoad

Postby Lore » Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:22 pm

Nah, the extra armor that imp devo aura gives is like 0.25% mitigation vs a level 60, not really worth 5 talent points. I'm hoping it gets a buff, it seems kinda silly right now.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Glyhelm » Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:31 pm

I don't expect it will get a buff, because it is very nice mitigation...if you're wearing cloth.

It isn't really made to be a raid main-tank buff though, that's quite true. Just allows you to get away with a bit sloppier aggro control in 5-mans.
Glyhelm

Postby Lore » Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:33 pm

Yeah, I was thinking more of a buff along the lines of Imp Sanc Aura or something, adding extra functionality to it. Maybe increase dodge or block chance or something. Would be nice.
Lore
Global Mod

Return to Basic Training & Talents